Thursday, August 19, 2010

"If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together...

...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even when we're apart...I'll always be with you.

This is my beautiful friend. I call her Caitlin. She left me Monday to go to school in freaking Idaho. May she rest in peace.

Caitlin's departure made me realize that with my mission call soon approaching (I've got one interview left!!!!), I'll be saying lots of goodbyes. Me no likey. I'm not so good at the whole goodbye thing. I tried the whole, "I'll see you later!" with Caitlin. 30 minutes later--BRRRRRREAKDOWN.

Tuesday morning, I woke up feeling slightly hungover. From crying, not the juice. First thing I did was call my ward's missionaries for a blessing. Twas a wonderful blessing. It put a lot of things in perspective for me.

I know that my mission is the right thing for me to do, and I know I'll be serving the Lord. But this doesn't make goodbyes any easier. :(

1 comment:

  1. Goodbyes arent easy, ever. The main thing to remember is that it is never a goodbye forever. There is always eternity. Love you Erin!

    ReplyDelete